Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day one "on the road"

Beginning a new road of communication! After two books and hundreds of interviews and a newspaper column and a radio series, I have decided to start sharing information via "blog." Last night I went to Crossroads Saloon in Fredericksburg to hear Monte Montgomery. I have not heard him for several years, even though I heard him the first time years ago in a small club in Kerrville.                     

 I moved to Kerrville in 1984 so Monte was a youngster. Last night he came out at about 11 p.m., leaned into his guitar and began the song with the energy set on HIGH. Montiacs filled the room, and owner, Maggie, kept going from table to table meeting her guests and picking up empty glasses. Mom, Maggie Montgomery, sat front and center with Cindy, Monte's very significant other. Yes, the room was filled with people sharing stories of other times, even as we all kept moving to the music.

The vision I saw was lines of light coming out of his hands and eyes, going into the through the guitar, weaving though the air like a diagram in a page on quantum mechanics in a physics book, and spiraling around us all! The men were intent watching the guitar licks; the women were feeling the dance of his energy with that guitar; his girlfriend was gazing at him with shining eyes; and his mom was proud  and full of her son! Near the end of the evening, he brought mom to stage and sang about her and with her. We heard "Mirror," "Sarah Smile," "Wishing Well," and all the Monte favorites.

Want to know more about him? Got to his website and blog. He writes there! I will be adding vintage columns here (been writing since 1985 or so), photos, and news. www.texasheritagemusic.org contains more news of the foundation I started in 1987. www.kathleenhudson.net contains more news of me! Teaching a Texas music class at Schreiner University in Kerrville and leading a workshop on creativity on November 5 for the Mind Science Foundaton.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world....It has been a great release and way for me to document my journey! Hope you find as much reward Kat!

    Peace.... Brad

    ReplyDelete